[Schlib] Subscription to MSLA Discussion Forum

jagibson at pembinatrails.ca jagibson at pembinatrails.ca
Thu Jan 21 20:53:26 CST 2010

The following is a dispatch email from the administrators
of the following web site.

http://www.manitobaschoollibraries.com/forums/
Your username:      schlib
Your email address: schlib at lists.merlin.mb.ca
Dear MSLA Members,
In the Winter Edition of the MSLA Journal, you will see a report on the MSLA Website Questionnaire that was completed by our members in September.  Overall, the MSLA executive was pleased with the results of the survey although there was room for improvement.

To help you navigate the site more efficiently, we have added a tab for "Archives" and a "Search" feature.

To encourage members to become involved in the discussion forum, members can now subscribe to the forum.  By subscribing, every time a new discussion thread is posted, you will be notified via email. To subscribe, after logging in (username = first name initial + last name; password = msla), go to "Subscription Options" half way down the page on the left side.  Where it says "Email all new posts", click the word "toggle" and the "no" will be changed to "yes."

If you have any questions for members, comments or ideas to share, don't hesitate to use this forum.  It's your way of connecting with your provincial school library community.

Since the report on the website questionnaire was written for the journal, it has been discovered that the website cannot be used with an RSS aggregator.  Therefore, when significant changes are made to the site, we will contact you through email.

Our latest edition to the MSLA website is a application form in both French and English for the Winnipeg Public Library 2010 Language and Literacy Grant.   To assist community groups in Winnipeg in developing language and literacy initiatives in partnership with one or more Winnipeg Public Library branches, the Winnipeg Public Library Board's Community Outreach Committee has committed $3,000 for 2010.  There will be a maximum of three grants of $1,000 each awarded. You'll find the form linked on the Professional Development page.

Looking forward to connecting with you online in our forum,

Jo-Anne Gibson
President, MSLA