[Schlib] MSLA L.I.T. Forum Feb. 22, 2010

jagibson at pembinatrails.ca jagibson at pembinatrails.ca
Sat Feb 6 15:01:20 CST 2010

The following is a dispatch email from the administrators
of the following web site.

http://www.manitobaschoollibraries.com/forums/
Your username:      schlib
Your email address: schlib at lists.merlin.mb.ca
The Manitoba School Library Association would like to invite all its members and interested educators to an exciting professional development event being held on Monday, Feb. 22 from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. The title of this year's L.I.T. Forum is "Networking with School Libraries Across Manitoba."

At this event, we will be teaching participants how to use Skype and Twitter, discussing the benefits of using these social networking tools both on a personal and professional level. To put our new knowledge into practice will also be Skyping several members from our school library community including Thompson, Brandon and Boissevain, and our provincial executive rep from MTS who lives in The Pas, Manitoba.  Our aim is to give school library programs outside Winnipeg more of a voice at the provincial level.

The event will be facilitated by the past-president of ManACE, Andy McKiel, and the current president of the MSLA, Jo-Anne Gibson. It is being held at the St. James Professional Development Centre, 150 Moray Street. Admission is free for all MSLA members, $5.00 for non-members, payable at the door. Refreshments will be served.

Anyone wanting to participate should contact pleclerc at retsd.mb.ca to register. Those attending are encouraged to bring a laptop although a laptop is not necessary for participation.

We look forward to seeing you at the Forum!